During her tenure at Baylor she received several distinctions including the following:
- Award for Outstanding Leadership and Academic Excellence from the American Association of Women Dentists.
- She was inducted into the dental honor society Omicron Kappa Upsilon, which is limited to the top ten percent of the graduating dental class and the Baylor Odontological Honor Society.
Dr Becher received her Doctor of Dental surgery degree in 1997and then attended the University of Connecticut Health Science Center where she received her certificate in Advanced Education in General Dentistry. She remained on the East Coast for her 3 year orthodontic residency at Montefiore Medical Center where she received her certificate in Orthodontics in 2001.
Dr. Becher recognizes the importance of staying up to date with technologic advances with membership in many professional organizations. These include:
- The American Association of Orthodontists
- The American Dental Association
- The Texas Association of Women Dentists
- The Capital Area Dental Society